New York City Child Custody Lawyer
New York Visitation Attorney
At the office of Khan & Yau, PC, in New York City, we will help our clients establish and implement custody and visitation arrangements that are in the best interests of their children, while protecting their rights as parents.
In determining child custody, the court looks at what is in the best interest of the child. There are a number of factors that the judge will evaluate, including:
- Who is the child’s primary caretaker
- Who can take better care of the child
- Who can financially care for the child
- Does the child have special needs
- Who is the child more emotionally connected to
- The physical and mental health of the parties
- Any history of domestic violence
We at Khan & Yau, PC have been successful in custody cases at the trial and appellate level. We have an understanding of what the court is looking for and use our knowledge of the law to our clients’ advantage.
Contact Our New York City Child Custody Attorneys
To schedule a consultation, contact us via e-mail or call us at 212-401-6298. Appointments are available weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., and evenings by request. We maintain an office at 48th and Madison Avenue in New York City, near Grand Central Station. We also have offices in White Plains and Queens.
We speak Mandarin Chinese, Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.